Massage has been proven beneficial in treating ailments such as sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, smoking cessation, and depression, to name just a few.
Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle spasm, strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and range of motion.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic adjustment
A therapeutic massage is intended to affect certain areas whereas a relaxation massage generally covers most areas of the body. Many therapists use specific neural muscular therapy and connective tissue release techniques during a therapeutic massage
Join the Whole Body Family Today
As a way to manage your individual or family healthcare costs and services, Dr. Jackie offers a variety of memberships.
Whole Body Chiropractic
251 Central Ave Ste10
Dover, NH 03820
Need additional assistance? Please contact us:
We are open Monday Wednesday and Friday, from 9am to 12pm and 3pm to 6pm