Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension, which is believed by some experts to account for 80 to 90 percent of all disease.
Massage has been proven beneficial in treating ailments such as sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, smoking cessation, and depression, to name just a few.
Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle spasm, strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and range of motion.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic adjustment
A therapeutic massage is intended to affect certain areas whereas a relaxation massage generally covers most areas of the body. Many therapists use specific neural muscular therapy and connective tissue release techniques during a therapeutic massage
Join the Whole Body Family Today
As a way to manage your individual or family healthcare costs and services, Dr. Jackie offers a variety of memberships.
Whole Body Chiropractic
251 Central Ave Ste10
Dover, NH 03820
Need additional assistance? Please contact us:
We are open Monday Wednesday and Friday, from 9am to 12pm and 3pm to 6pm